9/20/2010

Chloe turns 12!


Yikes! Chloe turned 12 on her birthday and I'm feeling the pain-pain of my oldest daughter turning into a young woman & the pain of realizing that I must be getting old...well,...at least "older". Heather and I feel as if life is now in fast forward and we're trying so hard to slow it down. When the kids were small it felt like walking in really thick mud-like life would always be like that. Now that the kids are older and much more self-reliant, life is just speeding by. I guess we just need to make the most out of everything while they're all still around. Clayton is foaming at the mouth wanting to be living on his own and he's still miffed at Heather and I because we held him back a year when we put him in 1st grade. Now some of his friends have graduated and he's left behind to attend yet another year of High School. Enough about Clayton, this is about Chloe.


This captures the sheer surprise of the cake topper that Chloe fell in love with.



She's giving it a thorough examination



Here's another close up view of the hand made ballerina "doll" made just for Chloe.



Seriously Eli? He is definitely my kid-Just ask my family because I'm sure that I have about 782 pictures of me as a kid doing this same pose.



Happy Birthday Chloe!

1 comment: