12/03/2012

Halloween...and other things

As you all know, I love Halloween.  Ask my kids what holiday I like best... Halloween all the way!  Not sure why but it's way too much fun and I love to scare people... Heather thinks I've lost my mind every year.  So, in this post we're going to cover Halloween and pretty much everything that's happened in October.  What you see above is my ghost lady in our front window that I tweaked a little bit this year.  Now she holds a burning candle and looks right and left at everyone who comes up to our front door.  

Here's a pic of a night we headed over to Lagoon's "Frightmares" with Liam and Kate


In between General Conferences we headed over to the Lagoon Trail to have a picnic and ride bikes



We headed up to the Cheney's cabin for the school's Fall Break



The cousins...



We ran into a couple that had "pack goats" to haul all of their camping gear while they 
would camp all over the area.  Had to get a pic of this:


I think this was a pic of one of the sunsets looking from our frame shop:


Eli finally had the opportunity to clean out the dust collector on our saw...whoah, it was much needed:


I was able to go with Kate on her field trip around the historic homes of downtown Kaysville.  Our favorite stop was going to the home and studio of famous artist LeConte Stewart.



Yeah, it's exactly what you think.  Chloe asks to be able to drive every other minute 
so sometimes on Sundays she, Eli and I will go for a cruise.



Liam and Justin go hunting for varmints and come out on top:


This was at our Ward Halloween carnival (Eli, great costume....what are you???)



The first snow of the season...



We had a great visit from Heather's nephew's family: Levi, Jesse and their son Woodson  ("Woods")


"Woods" loved to hang out with Kate:


Back to "Frightmares" on another night...





So here's my ghost lady again in the workshop getting the final touches
 (she's mounted on an oscillating fan so she can turn left and right)


Halloween night-this is our sideyard graveyard




Another one of the ghost ladies...


The famous "Butler" there to greet trick or treaters



Our witch who also greets guests in her rocking chair



Meet our newest member of our Halloween yard: the scarecrow/graveyard keeper
Here's a pic after I finished putting him together



 and then we have a night time shot out in the yard:



Here's a short video clip to show the movement of the front window ghost lady and also a taste of the 
music we had playing out in the yard on Halloween night.

Looking forward to next Halloween!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a month full of fun...way to celebrate, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the night shots!! Your place looks so awesome--I have Halloween envy! :)

    ReplyDelete