10/19/2010

Eli's Birthday Bash

Eli turns 14!!! Doing anything for Eli is fun because he's quite a grateful little guy. He's been begging on his hands and knees for a stupid cell phone for the past 8 months or so but I didn't see the need... until this year at Junior High. I'm not sure what happened but Eli is hard to track down half the time, I suppose because of being "Mr. Social" and all. It seemed like everytime I'd head down to West Kaysville to pick him up on a Friday night at the house he originally got dropped off to, he would have "house hopped" down the road or sometimes even across the city somewhere but, you guessed it,...nowhere to be found when I'd show up to pick him up. Yes, we've had several man to man talks about this situation grinding my gears and he'd reassure me with words of "I won't do that again without letting you know", etc, etc. Suddenly I saw the value of being able to track him down with one of those dumb devices. So...we caved. On his birthday morning I found the cheesiest ring tone I could find that I knew he'd love, snuck in his bedroom, put it by his ear and gave him a call around 6 a.m. He jumped up on his knees and kept saying "what the heck?", while searching around. We flipped the light on and sang Happy Birthday to him. Oh how I wish I had a picture of how happy he looked as he caressed his new love...the cell phone.



Eli is probably the biggest geek/coolest kid that I know all in one. He's constantly dressing up for no reason other than entertaining himself really. Hope you get your wish dude.


It doesn't look like Eli's having fun but rest assured, he is. Maybe he's playing "Mr. Cool" for the lady friends.



The mummy rice krispie treats




The food was awesome




Even the Butler was in attendance




Time to eat that cake




Eli's quite proud of this picture he's holding up of himself when he was in 1st grade dressed up as an artist for Halloween...how appropriate.






The party didn't end here by any means. We had to wait until a little past dark and then we headed out to the famous "Haunted Hollow" in Ogden. It was a lot of fun after finally entering the Hollow with about a 45 minute wait. My ears are still ringing from all of the girls screaming.

2 comments:

  1. By the way, we'd sure love to get a copy of your new family picture - is it something you can e-mail to us? Also, we're so glad Eli had such a good 14th birthday celebration...and that he got his heart's desire, the cell phone.

    ReplyDelete