9/11/2012

Birthday getaway to Park City with the fam!

Doesn't everyone deserve to take a weekend getaway for their birthday?  I was certainly thinking so...Happy birthday to me!  This is all I really wanted for my b-day anyway.  I researched high and low for the best deal on a hotel stay in Park City and I came across this amazing place for 50% off.  This was the coolest room we've ever stayed in.  It was called the Hyatt Escala lodge at the Canyons ski resort.  We reserved a "loft suite" and this is what we found:  (I believe I am going to sound like a realtor for a few minutes haha)



Mega huge master bathroom with huge jetted tub and double sink


Awesome pool and huge hot tube-this was a huge hit for the kids...


Even Clayton decided to join us with his girlfriend Taylor



Pretty sure the kids weren't supposed to be in the steam room but we were willing to do it until someone said something.  You can tell by their faces how relaxing this was haha.


We spent roughly 87% of our time by the pool and hot tub



G & G came up for my birthday dinner out on our deck.  We had spaghetti, a great salad, garlic bread and my favorite ganache cake that H makes.


Silly girls...



Our kitchen was HUGE!  We really made just about every excuse to NOT leave so we could just hang out in our palace...



This was the living room...


Not the best pix but here's a shot so you can see the loft a bit...



A look from above...
and these 2 couches were both sleeper sofas
so everyone had somewhere to sleep....




A view from one of our decks....






Outside the lodge waiting for our car to arrive via valet parking...


 Ok, I'm done trying to sell you this property haha.  This really was the coolest place to stay and the kids had a blast coming with us this time.  Next we were off to downtown park city to the city park...






A very fun, memorable birthday and weekend.  The kids can't stop talking about how fun it was.  When we got home there was a package waiting for me from Mom and Dad.  It was a slideshow DVD with pictures of my life set to one of my favorite songs by Snow Patrol.  Thanks to sister Heather for doing the work on it and my wife Heather for supplying some of the pictures and keeping it a secret-loved it!!!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun seeing that beautiful hotel (and beautiful grandchildren) - it looked like the Best Birthday, Darren! Was it kinda hard to come back to real life?

    ReplyDelete