9/20/2012

Fun. in Vegas


So,... long story short....kind of.  Clayton, his girlfriend Taylor, 2 other friends of theirs and Eli bought concert tickets to see the band Fun in Las Vegas.  Taylor planned on driving her car and everyone else would chip in for gas.  Taylor's aunt and uncle live in Vegas so their place to stay overnight was set.  Everything was going as planned until....putt putt putt....the car's transmission died in Beaver, or as Eli would call it "Satan's birthing place"(about 4 hours away from home).
     Just as it seemed that all hope was lost, Clayton called us (we had just gotten out of the Salt Lake Temple for a wedding) and told us the story.  Heather looked at me with a smirk and said: "well, I guess you gotta go rescue them."  Secretly I was excited to go rescue the gang because hey, I wanted to see Fun too...pool side on top of the Cosmopolitan hotel in Vegas!!!  My first move was to try and get a ticket to the "sold out" show which took some time...but, it happened and I got it for only 20 bucks!   I packed up a bag quickly and I headed out the door and was off to Beaver.  Here's some pix to go along with the story:


Here's the initial phone call for help...



Once we were off an on our way to Vegas, of course we need to make a pit stop for....well....



 You see those happy faces?  Those are smiles of relief, and anticipation for the show!


 Here's a pic of my concert ticket that I had to print on Taylor's uncles computer...nice



 Just before the concert starts...


  A look around at the crowd...



The concert begins...



I love this band


Here's a taste of their music if you're not familiar.  



 I loved this mega huge screen they had off stage for pretty much all Vegas to enjoy...



 Eli loves this picture...he texted his friends that he was at a concert in Las Vegas with some college girls...

After the concert, Fun became one of my new favorite bands -love their music and energy.  We all had a great time together for the 24 hours that we spent haha.  We even made it back just in time for me to run over to the church and go to the wedding reception of the couple that were married the day before.

1 comment: